“I will start off by saying this save is giving me complete satisfaction, even in times of defeat it is keeping me striving for more. I usually only crank the save up two or three times a week as I find a balance between FM and reality, however I told my neighbour to look out for a kid in the Forest youth called Ollie Robinson to suddenly realise he is actually a Regen in my World”.
We started the month off with a superb display at White Hart Lane to beat Tottenham 3-1 with Nelson Oliveira netting a brace and Ryan Mendes also getting on the score sheet. unfortunately the result at Spurs was to be our only win in October. We then lost our next game at the City Ground against Sunderland 1-2 with Lansbury getting our consolation goal in a game that I think was the worst performance during my time at the club. Up next a visit to Leicester City were we threw away a 2-0 lead given to us courtesy of Oliveira and Clough in the last 10 minutes to come away from the game with only a 2-2 draw which felt like a defeat. Capital One Cup defeat to Tottenham followed. with Mendes setting up a dramatic finish to the game by getting us back in to the game after falling 2 behind. We piled the pressure on but to no avail and crashed out of the cup. We ended the month with a point from a trip to Swansea and superb team goal finished off by Yoshinori Muto.
October 2016 Results
Premier League Table October 2016
Just three games for us in November but we extended our unbeaten run to five games with 2 wins and a draw. A 4-0 thrashing of Blackburn at home kicked started our month Assombalonga 2, Gardner and Olivieira gave us the much needed 3 points. Southampton visited the City Ground next and nearly inflicted a defeat on us but for a 82nd minute pile driver from Assombalonga rescued a point. Assombalonga was the man of the moment as we came away from the South coast visit to AFC Bournemouth with a 3-1 win and a Assombalonga hat-trick. Its good to see him back after being sidelined last season, long may his form continue.
November 2016 Results
Premier League Table November 2016
New Formation Used In November
I needed to give us something different and gambled on this attacking formation to take advantage of our matches against the clubs around us, fortunately it paid off with Assombalonga flourishing in the Poacher role. I am still searching for our best system this season that still attributes to the Forest Way…..Reminder Of The Forest Way Below:
1. The Club Should Look To Entertain On The Pitch…..Create a tactical identity….play our way
2. Develop Our Own Player’s Through ‘The System’……Create a training plan to mirror player requirements of the 1st team
3. Sign Youngsters To Develop Within ‘The System’ Via A Worldwide Scouting Network.
4. Sign Home Grown Player’s As First Option In The Transfer Market For The First Team.
5. Don’t be afraid To Sign A Non Home Grown Player If The Right Player Is Not Available In The Home Grown Market……Do not restrict ourselves in the transfer market.
* To have passion and fighting spirit: get stuck in to every game.
* To focus on group rather than individual tactics: the team needs to defend with discipline and as a unit,with a high press in order to put early pressure on the opposition.
* To Dominate Play and possession.
* To Ensure balance between defence and attack.
* Play with vertical penetration
* To quickly win the ball through pressing and gegenpressing : pressing directly after losing the ball in order to regain it.
* Replace injured or suspended players directly, rather than changing the system or playing players out of position.
* Player’s to think fast and act fast – slower players tend to play backwards because they are afraid of one on one situations.
* To have incredible stamina, both physical and mental – full concentration for 90 minutes.
* To be Technically proficient – to be able to receive and pass the ball.
* To have tactical discipline while maintaining attacking intent.
* Full backs and Wing backs to have equally significant attacking and defensive roles.
Player Of The Month Award For Britt Assombalonga
Six goals in 3 games in November for Assombalonga was enough to gain him the Premier League Player Of The Month award.
Nottingham Forest Board Meeting November 2016
The board called a meeting to discuss club improvements and gave me a transfer budget of £71m
December 2016 The Month Ahead
A big month in our season coming up with 6 Premier League games, 3 against top 7 sides to start the month Man.Utd,Everton and Arsenal and then 3 against teams below us at the present time Newcastle, West Ham and Sheffield Wednesday. I think it could be a pivotal month in our season.